Full-time International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA): Equipment Operator Vacancy
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The Job : Equipment Operator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Operate Tractor for mowing, ridging, spraying and harrowing;
- Mark fields using marker; Trail and Plough for research field operation;
- Spray research field with spraying machine;
- Apply fertilizer to research field;
- Carryout harvest operations with harvester; Attend to minor repairs when necessary;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- SSCE or Trade Test with valid professional class E drivers’ licence and with at least five (5) years tractor operations working experience.
- Must be strong and agile.
- Have ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Must be hardworking, honest and trustworthy.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply