Full-time International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA): CKAN Repository Officer and Programmer Vacancy
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The Job : CKAN Repository Officer and Programmer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Plan, develop and conduct implementation of python based GeoNode that fits into the IITA data infrastructure and information landscape;
- Further develop workflows for upload, download, harvesting data on CKAN and connection with databases/platforms, especially SharePoint;
- Implement customizations and maintenance of CKAN, GeoNode.
- Programming links and API development to other Open Access repositories;
- Be responsible for server administration and repair (CKAN and GeoNode);
- Serve as collection point of all IITA research output data/metadata (CKAN);
- Cataloguing and check of metadata;
- Check uniqueness of dataset;
- Assessing need and conducting of a file conversion
- Filling of missing metadata for CKAN;
- Assessing need/usefulness/ability to present the data in a “eye catching” format (map, chart, diagram etc.);
- Give persistent identifier (CKAN);
- Inform interested data users;
- Managing content of legacy data for CKAN;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and any other related field with minimum of 4 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization
- Have good knowledge of computer, good interpersonal and communication skill (Oral and written).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply