Full-time International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA): Open Access Manager Vacancy
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of t he Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT), seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
The Job : Open Access Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Lead implementation of the IITA Open Access, information management and research data management strategies in accordance to the CGIAR Open Access and Data Management Policy.
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance in identifying and implementing improved mechanisms for data/information/knowledge management in close collaboration with data thought leaders.
- Provide project management and coordination for implementation of open data/access and information management.
- Interact with IITA scientists and other staff in dealing with issues related to research data access and interoperability, including the production of quality data that can be archived and published via existing databases and repositories.
- Oversee development and implementation of semantical and technical standards to make data and information more widely reusable to IITA staff, partners and the public.
- Participate in major events and collaborate with external groups, organizations, and associations to improve open data/access and information management and publishing.
- Plan and oversee training of users on aspects related to Open Access and data management.
- Supervise CKAN Repository Officer and Programmer and other similar roles.
- Take other related responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, GIS, Data Science, Information science, Business Administration or any other related field with at least ten (10) years of experience in data management, research or project development. At least 2 years needs be related to Open Access/Open Data.
- Management skills: prioritizing, coordinating, communicating, motivating, documenting, planning, organizational skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent data management skills and good knowledge management skills
- Excellent MS Office skills, including MS Project and MS Access.
- Passion for Open Access and Open Data and the capability to inspire/convince others to do the change towards full Open Access compliance.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to explain complex issues to non-expert colleagues and create clear documentation and reports.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work and good training skills.
- Willing to learn new skills, acquire new knowledge and travel for meetings and events as required.
- Knowing the functionality and management of at least two different Open Access repositories: DSpace, GeoNode, Geonetwork, CKAN, DataVerse, CassavaBase etc.
- Experience in research/academic content or agricultural domain is considered as a plus.
- Experience with big data is considered as an advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply