Full-time International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA): Asset Supervisor Vacancy
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The Job : Asset Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Maintain liaison with Assets Officer to update IITA’s master asset file;
- Explore more effective ways of asset tracking including a computerized bar-coding system and implement this as directed;
- Conduct regular housekeeping and cyclic asset verification exercise at the headquarters and if necessary in other stations to ensure that IITA tracked asset listing agrees with the Finance Office master asset file record;
- Analyze and evaluate cost/benefits of disposal strategies and make recommendation to the disposal committee on appropriate disposal method for such items as applicable.
- Prepare records of asset identified for disposal and ensure clearance of such materials;
- Secure storage of assets identified for disposal, repair and reuse as applicable;
- Assist in asset disposal process and decommissioning activities as directed by the IITA disposal committee;
- Assist with the transfer of ownership of used assets where such requirement exist while ensuring the master asset list is updated;
- Ensure healthy, safety rules and regulation at work are complied with;
- Inducting newly recruited staff and assist in training Oracle users both HQ and other Hub-station staff members
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.Sc/HND Purchasing and Supply, Social Science or Professional Certification in Procurement and Supply or related field with minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing similar role.
- Have good knowledge of computer, good interpersonal and communication skill (Oral and written).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply