Full-time International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC): Logistics Assistant Vacancy
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
The Job : Logistics Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Receives all orders and submits them for validation after checking and verifying necessary information, such as realistic delivery dates, relevant item-codes, Objective Code, Cost Center,validators
- Attributes validated Sales Requests (SRs) / Internal Requests for action to Logistics team members in Port Harcourt.
- Prioritizes urgent orders for the Purchaser
- Ensures good electronic and hard filing of the SRs with proof of completion attached to the hard copy
- file (invoice, transfer Packing List, etc.).
- Updates the Requesters on the status of orders on a bi-weekly basis or upon the request from any department
- Ensures that financial rules are applied based on delegation financial rules
- Suggests improvements in Supply Chain.
- Assists in purchase order closure
Education and Experience required:
- University degree in Logistics or Administration
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel), including the ICRC standard computer systems
- Excellent knowledge of the ICRC Financial Rules and Purchasing procedures
Desire profile and skills:
- Proactivity and Flexibility
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and sense of initiative
- Capacity to deal with people, and to develop contacts
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistics procedures
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Availability to work overtime and outside traditional hours when needed
- Willingness to learn
How To Apply
Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate the job position and location as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this
role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 28.03.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to
provide them with assistance.