Full-time Information Technology Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
The Job : Information Technology(IT) Advisor (Enterprise Application Integration Solution Architect)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the IT Advisor (Enterprise Application Integration Solution Architect) to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The EAI Solutions Architect will assist the IT Manager is the assessment of business requirements; collection, identification of technical specifications; and the subsequent development of viable technology and software solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between the program’s expectations and current or future ICT capability
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments of the program to assist in the deployment of the enterprise architecture in managing and streamlining business process.
- Within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the program in meeting business objectives
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to set timeframes
- Assist the IT Manager in providing technical advice and guidance on the development of technology strategies and plans in alignment with the overall objective of the program
- Participate as an active member of the information technology team, providing level 1-3 support for simple to complex task involving maintenance, troubleshooting and simplifying technical solutions to end-users.
- Provide a secondary point of contact for program led IT solutions on strategy and architecture topics when the IT Manager is unavailable to ensure efficient decision making processes can occur and reduce any possible delays.
- Collaborate effectively to ensure team goals are achieved by concerted efforts in knowledge sharing and problem solving
- Provide level 2/3 support as may be required from time to time.
- Actively contribute to creating a culture of IT end-users service excellence.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Information Technology Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, BEng. Computer Engineering or other related Sciences.
- A professional certification such as MCSD, MTA, AWS, Oracle APEX, Red Hat, CSTE, CSBA or CSQA is required. If unavailable at the time of selection, the hired candidate must undertake and pass at least a software architecture or related certification within one year.
- At least 3 years of relevant and demonstrated work experience in a software development and integration environment is required (on diverse platforms is an added advantage).
- Required experience with developing application on Microsoft Visual Studio and familiarity with resilient cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirement artefacts: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, data flow diagrams, UML modelling techniques, interface designs, test plans and test cases is required.
- A background in software development with ability to code at some level and knowledge of APIs and SDKs is required
- Knowledge of highly available, highly scalable cloud based infrastructures (AWS or alike) is desirable
- Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply