Full-time Implant Removal Landscape Assessment Consultant at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with other partners and funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Jhpiego will determine the current state of implant removal standards to identify target areas for technical assistance and provide recommendations for future system strengthening in Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC, Nigeria, and Tanzania. Implant use has grown rapidly in parts of Sub-Saharan Africa over the past five year due to the price reduction (through the volume guarantee) as well as significant investments in prioritizing introduction and scale-up.
The Job : Implant Removal Landscape Assessment Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Consultancy Period: March 2018 for six months
- Provide short-term technical assistance to ensure countries with high implant use incorporate a high-quality removal component into overall implant strategy and implementation in selected countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Conduct a rapid landscape analysis to understand the current status of client-centered implant removal services.
Scope of Work
- In collaboration with jhpiego project staff identify key questions of interest that are specific to the implant removal context in Nigeria and strategies for data collection
- Co-design landscape assessment tools to evaluate key questions of interest surrounding eight standards of client-centered implant removal services
- Coordinate and conduct data collection, depending on identified questions of interest and data collection strategies, which may include:
- Desk review of policies, training curricula, registers, recent surveys, and other sources
- Health facility assessment for facility readiness to provide quality implant removal services
- Interviews with national and sub-national stakeholders, such as policymakers, providers, facility managers, and/or clients
- Observation of clinical skills for implant removal
- Others, as identified
- Analyze collected data to answer identified key questions of interest
- Maintain continued communication with Jhpiego project team throughout consultancy of progress, key findings, and lessons learned
- Write final implant removal landscape assessment report, including recommendations for way forward
- Final landscape assessment tools
- Implant Removal Landscape Assessment Report
- Quantitative data sets
- Qualitative transcripts and/or recordings
- Monthly progress reports
- Master’s degree with minimum 5 years or undergraduate degree with minimum 10 years of experience in public health, reproductive health, or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience conducting mixed-methods evaluations or research in the health sector.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills.
- Previous clinical experience in family planning and reproductive health services.
- Fluent in English required.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single Word document to: [email protected] candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Please note that any successful candidate will be Subject to a pre-employment background investigation.