Full-time Ideas42: Social & Behavioral Change Innovations Advisor Vacancy
ideas42 has a clear mission: to use our unique experience as a nonprofit at the forefront of behavioral science to change millions of lives. We create innovative solutions to tough problems in economic mobility, health, education, safety and justice, consumer finance, energy efficiency and international development. Our approach is based on a deep understanding of human behavior and why people make the decisions they do. Working closely with our partners from government, foundations, NGOs and companies, we have more than 80 active projects in the United States and around the world.
The Job : Social & Behavioral Change Innovations Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Proposed Start: 1st Quarter 2018
Work Authorization: Candidates must already be authorized to work in the US and/or local country of job
- All team members play an active role on multiple projects across several domains at once. Diagnosing behavioral problems and designing behaviorally-informed interventions and products is integral to what we do. Given the startup nature of the organization, this is a rare opportunity for someone to experience and build the world’s premier behavioral research and design firm as an in-country expert.
- This Advisor will lead key activities with overall responsibility for social and behavioral change (SBC) implementation.
- S/he will possess both deep applied experience in SBC, and demonstrated abilities in leadership; strategic thinking; application of best practices, gender integration and innovations in SBC.
- This role will be focused primarily on projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, based in Nigeria or Rwanda with other potential locations for consideration. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage field projects across all stages and aspects of ideas42’s applied methodology including but not limited to problem definition, behavioral diagnosis, intervention design, implementation, monitoring, and impact evaluation;
- Cultivate relationships with a broad base of health system and development sector stakeholders: government, NGOs, implementing partners, and private sector partners;
- Serve as the day-to-day principle liaison for stakeholders and project partners and ideas42 project teams;
- Coordinate activities to improve alignment of SBC and supply-side programming;
- Provide strategic direction for SBC programming, while proactively engaging and convening a broad range of partners and implementers in advancing the practice of SBC in country;
- Develop full-scale project plans, structure and timelines;
- Assist/lead primary and secondary research such as surveys, interviews, and literature reviews;
- Contribute to knowledge management and dissemination of SBC programs in-country internally with consortium partners as well as with external stakeholders;
- Facilitate and support project execution for ideas42 project teams.
Who Are We Looking For
- Much of our work hinges on our ability to ask the right questions. As a result, we seek inquisitive, resourceful, analytical individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. A passion for understanding human behavior, pursuing innovation, and promoting the social good is critical, but prior expertise or training in behavioral economics or psychology is not required.
- Master’s or equivalent plus 8 years OR Bachelor’s with 10 or more years of relevant work experience
- Proven ability to effectively engage partners, including host country government personnel and U.S. government agencies
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa; Culturally aware with significant exposure to diverse cultures
- Available and willing to travel on a flexible schedule as needed (up to 50%)
- Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to high-quality output
- Record of academic excellence
- Smart, logical and structured thinkers, who are also creative
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience designing and managing integrated or multi-health area SBC activities
- Master’s or other advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, and/or social and behavioral science
- Proficiency in speaking, reading, writing, and translating accordingly in French, Swahili, or other languages
- A background in strategy, marketing, or product management & client-facing experience is a plus
- Experience living in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of Stata or R
Competitive within the non-profit industry
How To Apply