Full-time HIV Prevention Coordinator Vacancy, Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF), is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria, AHF-Nigeria collaborates with the Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key. To meet the above needs, the program wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill the vacant position below:
The Job :HIV Prevention Coordinator, Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Category: Health care Jobs,
Location: Benue, Nigeria
- The prevention coordinator will ensure implementation HIV prevention programs in AHF supported health facilities, ensure adherence to SOPs, national guidelines and protocols.
- He/she would facilitate the expansion and coverage of prevention program in line with approved program objectives.
- Strengthen collaboration & partnership with CBO/ CSOs and other NGOs to enhance synergy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at Biomedical Prevention of HIV (including Testing and Counseling).
- Coordinates the provision of community HCT outreaches according to acceptable protocols and in line with the national guidelines.
- Scale up and strengthen the provision of HCT through provider initiated testing and counseling approaches (PITC).
- Contributes to the design and implementation of approaches in other prevention strategies-including but not limited to Blood and Injection safety, Post exposure prophylaxis, HIV Testing and Counseling, and PHDP.
- Ensures effective and strategic leadership for HCWs at heath facilities and partners within the continuum of care.
- Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for MARP5 and other key populations (i.e. as female sex workers, Adolescent and young persons as well as PWID).
- A Degree in Public Health, Nursing or Health related discipline.
- At least 2-3 years post NYSC experience in HIV testing and counseling, sexually transmitted disease prevention or treatment programs, including program planning, prevention program management.
- Experience with managing CBO partners a plus.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized, committed and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their CVs and cover letters to [email protected]
Candidate should kindly indicate the position applying for and their preferred located as the subject of their e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.