Full-time Head Human Resources at Elevantix Consulting Limited
Elevantix Consulting Limited – We work in the areas of People, Culture and Strategy. Any business area that is affected by these elements is our business. We have been in the organisation and talent development field since 2001. We develop and deliver bespoke organisation effectiveness solutions to our clients.
We have worked in the space of Retail, FMCG, IT and ITES, Telecom, Automotive, Oil & Gas, and Manufacturing. We have been privileged to touch the lives of over 50,000 people with a high level of repeat business from clients. Clients have trusted our brand and have helped us grow to what we are today.
The Job : Head Human Resources
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Execute HR direction, design, and strategy to ensure alignment with strategic business requirements and change management initiatives.
- Formulate and implement HR policies and practices as per requirement.
- Develop and implement SOPs (standard operating procedures) for HR and Admin.
- Act as the custodian of all company policies and procedures to compile a comprehensive policy manual for the company.
- Support managers in policy compliance and correct deviations from policy as needed.
- Develop/update employee handbook to include all essential rules of employment, discipline and consequences, rights and responsibilities, allowances etc., and make this handbook available to all employees.
- Ensure that all HR activities and actions comply with relevant and current legal requirements.
- Create and implement the company’s manpower plan with respect to inventory, age-skill-cadre mix, and future requirements, to ensure that the right employee is available at the right time for uninterrupted production/services.
- Create and write comprehensive, result-oriented job descriptions and person specifications for all job roles, present and future, in the company.
- Make job descriptions readily available to managers for conducting interviews and support them in using the job descriptions as needed.
Job Evaluation and Grade Fitment:
- Conduct role analyses for all jobs in the company for job evaluation and clustering to determine job grades and compensation bands.
- Ensure that all current and future employees are placed in the right job grade and compensation band to avoid anomalies and employee resentment in the system.
Recruitment, Selection and Induction:
- Ensure a healthy talent pipeline for recruitment and succession planning purposes.
- Review and reduce hiring cycle time from requisition to onboarding.
- Minimise recruitment cost by ensuring quality hires and high employee retention rates.
- Follow a comprehensive induction process for all new employees to welcome them to the organisation and help them settle in and become productive as quickly as possible.
- Create a reference check procedure and conduct thorough reference checks on all new employees joining the company.
- Implement the company’s performance management system as per established process and timelines.
- Train and support managers and staff in completing performance appraisals on time.
- Collate results of all performance appraisals and allocate final ratings in consultation with MD.
- Support managers in creating performance improvement plans for struggling employees as needed and assist in implementing such PIPs.
Training and Capability Development:
- Conduct comprehensive training needs analyses to determine department and function-wise training needs.
- Create quarterly and monthly training calendars to implement training programmes in a structured and timely manner.
- Identify suitable internal training capability and external training service providers to provide a range of cost effective training interventions.
- Ensure that all employees receive a minimum of 2 relevant training days per year.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all internal and external training interventions to ensure positive training results and ROI.
- Build and maintain a library of training course material, including multi-media elements, and make these readily available to internal trainers and/or management as needed.
- Remain updated on latest training concepts and methodology to ensure that all training activity is done in an effective and efficient manner.
- Serve as a link between management and employees and address routine day-to-day workplace matters.
- Collaborate and provide advice/guidance to line managers and supervisors on complex issues such as disputes, grievances, discipline, etc., and ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution.
- Exit management of employees, in a timely and effective manner, with exit interview – analyse reasons for exits and take steps to minimise preventable exits.
- Create a sense of team bonding and promote a healthy work environment, free of bias and/or discrimination.
- Develop and manage employee leave calendar to ensure that employees take the time off that they need while ensuring that work does not get left unattended.
- Develop and drive a handing-over/taking-over process to be followed whenever an employee goes on and returns from leave.
- Ensure that leave allowances are paid to eligible employees on time.
- Provide required logistics assistance for ticketing, airport transfers, visas, immigration etc. for employees travelling in-country or overseas.
- Prepare and submit MIS reports, as per approved formats, on monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis, to include all critical information relating to head-count, absenteeism, employee loans tracking, cost per employee, budgets, HR initiatives etc.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc./HND in Industrial Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Economics or similar. PG qualification in Human Resources desirable.
- 10-12 years with at least 3-5 years in an FMCG and manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS-Office applications
- Pleasant and presentable with high energy
How To Apply