Full-time Guinness Nigeria Plc: Head, Sales Operations Vacancy
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
The Job : Head, Sales Operations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Level: Senior Management
Reports To: Commercial Director
- GN is embarking on two major & linked business transformations. Moving to TBA selling and exploding Spirits participation to shape the TBA market in Nigeria.
- This role is accountable for defining what is required to have a competitive route to consumer and the accompanying capability standards across the end-to-end sales function – Customer Marketing, Sales direct & in-direct and Sales Operations- as well as leading a successful roll-out & embedding of Sales Force Automation.
- The role will also focus on robust target setting & reporting – starts with one number and cascades through the organization, generating business insights and maintaining the outlet universe database.
Purpose of the Role
- The purpose of the Head, Sale Operations for Nigeria is to define the Route to Consumer and unlock the potential in every commercial person in the business in order to drive sustainable business performance.
- The role supports functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, target setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training and sales program implementation.
- Nigeria is a “must win” market for Diageo – for Diageo to win in beer globally, GNPlc must be winning in beer.
- The business is moving from a beer focused to a beer & spirits focused business – which introduces complexity for the sales teams
- Embed Sales Strategy and Sales operations support Requirements that will ensure a competitive Route to Consumer, market share growth and delivery of business targets; providing the implementation plan and driving roll out through the Commercial Leadership team
- Using available analytics to drive insight to gain profitable TBA share
- Build the right culture of discipline within the Sales organization enabling the defined Field Sales Processes and Standards to be fully embedded
- Provide peer leadership to the Commercial Leadership team to ensure full alignment and embedding of the defined sales process, standards and measurement
- Embed the Commercial Capability Roadmap for GNPlc and 3rd party partners (including distributors & wholesalers)
Qualifications and Experience
- 12+ years in senior commercial roles within multinational companies
- Proven track record of performance delivery, and leading transformational change
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to orchestrate well both a local and global organisation
- Team player and team coach
- Able to identify and understand both the employees and the business needs and drive the necessary capability interventions
- Needs to be able to translate strategy into execution
- Continuous improvement mind-set
How To Apply