Full-time Guidance Counsellor at Greensprings School
Greensprings School is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months – 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
The Job : Guidance Counsellor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- A non-judgemental outlook and a willingness to work with pupils;
- Excellent observation and listening skills;
- Patience, tolerance and sensitivity;
- An understanding of your own attitudes and responses;
- An appreciation of confidentiality issues
EXPERIENCE: Candidate must possess at least 3 years active relevant experience. It will be particularly useful if you can demonstrate experience of working with pupils.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: B.Ed in Guidance and Counseling, M. Ed/Certification in Guidance and Counseling would be an added advantage.
CLASS OF DEGREE: Minimum of second class lower division.
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with pupils.
- Actively listening to client concerns and empathising with their position;
- Accepting without bias the issues raised by pupils;
- Helping pupils towards a deeper understanding of their concerns;
- Challenging any inconsistencies in what pupils say or do;
- Helping pupils to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward;
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the five core values of the school:
- Child centeredness
The school expects all staff members to uphold themselves in a manner that inspires and encourages outstanding behavior within the student body.
The school reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the school.
In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to [email protected]pringsschool.com
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.