Full-time Graduate Finance Assistant at Médecins du Monde
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
The Job : Graduate Finance Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Line Manager: Finance CoordinatorLine reports: N/A
Length of contract: 6 months Possibility for extension: YES
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Cash Box Management
- General Administration
Cash Box Management
- Make payments according to MdM procedures.
- Keep the cash and cash boxes safe and according procedures.
- Estimate petty cash, and make request to the Administrative Coordinator for replenishment.
- Perform daily/weekly/and monthly cash control with Finance Officer.
- if necessary, realize the payment of monthly per-diem and advance of salary according to MdM procedures for the international staff
- Management of safety envelop for international staff (payment and refund – in and out)
- Enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- Prepare the payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MdM programs, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc.)
- Double check of records, according to MdM & donor procedures
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Make cash advances for operation to validated staff after validation of the Finance Coordinator and ensure that all advance are reconciled/closed by the end of the week & month.
- Prepare (glue and copy) and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts in accountancy after validation of Finance Coordinator, in the schedule fixed and send the documents required
- Keep the administrative archive on the mission (do the copies, classify and archive)
- Support to look for invoices when required
- Develop filing system for administration department, and after validation of Administrative Coordinator,
- Realize copying and filing and scanning, especially for accountancy
- Assist during organization of trainings, accommodation and transportation
- Prepare a summary of weekly activities
- Participate in a pro-active way to the improvement of the MdM internal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Finance Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or comparable degree.
- One year experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English
- Experience with INGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset
How To Apply
To apply, please submit: a two page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line. Send to email@example.com
Only applications by email will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are unable to accept phone calls.
Starting date: ASAP
Place of office: Maiduguri
We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.