Full-time GBfoods: Agronomist Vacancy
GBfoods – “Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local essence and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.
Its innovative character, its local recipes, their commitment to optimal nutrition through daily meals that its products take part, and its commitment to society, are the keys to its success.
The Job :Agronomist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Carrying out farm operations of Land preparation, planting, weeding, harvesting, storage and maintenance of farm records.
- Conduct soil test and experiment to ascertain soil quality
- Collect samples from the field, identify problems and its causes, talk to farmers and other involved in the industry or introduce unique techniques and products that could improve soil quality.
- Identify best ways to plant, cultivate, harvest and improve yield
- Develop working methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free.
- Work closely with farmers to develop better farming conditions through improved farming practice
- Assist the farmers in the effective usage of land and recommend techniques to increase harvests
- Plan and execute studies to scientifically improve crop yields
- Provide technical report, make presentations and report findings
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in vegetable farming
- Working knowledge in Mechanised farm operations like ploughing, seeding, spraying, harvesting etc.
- Ability to operate farm machineries such as tractor, planters and harvesters
- Degree in Agronomy, Soil science or related courses
- Ability to speak Hausa language and interact with local farmers is key
How To Apply