Full-time French Development Agency (AFD): Project Manager Vacancy
The French Development Agency (AFD), a public financial institution that implements the policy defined by the French government, acts to fight poverty and promote sustainable development. Present on four continents through a network of 75 offices, AFD finances and supports projects that improve people’s living conditions, support economic growth and protect the planet. In 2015, AFD spent 8.3 billion euros on project financing in developing countries and overseas territories.
The Job : Project Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Description of the mission
The AFD Nigeria Agency is looking for a Volunteer for its Lagos branch for January 2018.
Under the authority of the Director and Deputy Director of the Abuja Agency (head of the Lagos office), the incumbent of the post will have the main mission to follow the portfolio of sovereign projects of the AFD in the State of Lagos and neighboring states in terms of urban development and ICT. He / She can more occasionally provide technical support in the instruction of urban projects in other geographical areas.
In this capacity, the International Volunteer will intervene on the following missions:
1. Operational monitoring of AFD’s portfolio of projects in the state of Lagos and neighboring states:
– Contribute to the monitoring of projects already engaged in the urban development sector;
– Contribute to the identification, training and formalization of projects financed by sovereign or guarantee loans in the urban development sector (transport, waste management, etc.) and ICT;
– Prepare and participate in internal / external communication actions of the Agency concerning AFD projects;
– Financial analysis and risk monitoring on sub-sovereign counterparties;
– Represent the AFD with local authorities (Lagos and Limitrophes States) and AFD partners (French administrations, service providers …), and ensure daily relations with them in its areas of expertise and within the limits delegations granted by the branch management in Abuja.
2. Contribute to AFD’s strategic thinking and the definition and implementation of sectoral policies:
– Contribute to AFD’s strategic thinking in Nigeria;
– Ensure sectoral monitoring in the areas of integrated urban development, waste management and ICT, and update corresponding sectoral notes;
– Participate in sectoral groups in these areas of intervention and in the work of the authorities and donors in sectoral coordination groups.
The assignment in Lagos is scheduled for January 2018.
Graduate from a major engineering school or university training with a specialization in urban development and / or waste management.
You have a good understanding of the issues of development aid and justify a first experience in training or project management (project cycle, monitoring / evaluation, procurement …).
You have solid knowledge in the field of urban development and / or waste management.
You justify a successful professional experience in the context of development aid or North / South relations.
Experience in a developing country, on a position of responsibility, would be a real asset.
Rigorous and autonomous, you have a sense of responsibility and a certain capacity for initiative.
With good interpersonal skills, you demonstrate a good ability to adapt to a different cultural and sociological context and have good analytical and synthesis skills.
Fluency in oral and written English is required for this position.
NB: The stay of the Civilian Volunteers abroad is regulated (to be a national of a Member State of the European Union and under 29 years old): for more information, you can connect on the Internet site of the CIVI (Information Center for International Volunteers): www.civiweb.com
Location of the post
Min.required degree level
Bac + 5 / M 2
Master’s degree 1 / School
Level of experience min.required
0 – 3 years
English (Operational and Autonomous)
For several years, AFD has been committed to a proactive policy of integrating and maintaining the employment of people with disabilities.
How To Apply