Full-time Fleet Supervisor at Nerilus International
Nerilus International – Our client is one of the leading third party logistics provider with strong focus on vehicle lease, staff bus, drivers’ warehousing, call ups, airport shuttle and protocol services in Nigeria and west Africa sub region. With over 10 years of providing quality service, the company has built a reputation for delivering SAFE transportation experiences and services to organizations and individuals. The company is positioning to be the leading and preferred brand in corporate vehicle lease and transportation.
The Job : Fleet Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports To: Head of Operations
Our client is seeking to employ a confident and self-driven FLEET SUPERVISOR who will manage the fleet activities of the company. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Fleet Supervisor must be hands on with all vehicle activities i.e routing, scheduling, dispatch, maintenance and repairs. This role requires strong organizational and managerial skills. The Fleet Supervisor must have excellent leadership qualities to manage his team especially drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day fleet operation activities
- Supervise driver and team to align with work plan, training and EHS standards
- Scheduling vehicles and plan up to one month in advance as may be required
- Managing all vehicle documents for all vehicles.
- Internal auditing to keep the vehicles compliant as per EHS standards
- Managing existing contracts and developing new business
- Use computer to collect and analyse trends about the fleet
- Review of weekly and monthly reports and summarizing pertinent points
- Coordinating the acquisition, management and disposal of fleet vehicles
- Scheduling vehicle service, MOT and repair as at when due.
- Managing the service contract with the provider
- Ensuring the security of the vehicles when not in use
- Prompt recovery of vehicles in the event of breakdown/accident
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Minimum first degree
- 1 to 3 years’ work experience with a transportation company will be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Below 30 years of age
- Experience with dispatch, safety, and vehicle maintenance
- Extensive people management experience
Required Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions relative to urgency, and importance
- Ability to work as a team leader or team member in a diverse environment
- Demonstrated organizational, supervisory, and administrative abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and co-ordinate a multitude of tasks.
- Strong understanding of compliance and risk management.
- Strong understanding of safety culture and management.
- Well-developed problem solving and organizational skills
How To Apply
Please note that successful candidates should be willing to resume in January 2018. Interested candidates should send their cover letters and resume using the job title and their full name as the subject.
For example, “Fleet Supervisor: Daniel Makinwa”