Full-time First Line Manager at Novartis Nigeria
Novartis has been aggressive in attacking illnesses on multiple fronts, including pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and consumer health. Its largest division, Pharmaceuticals, develops and manufactures prescription drugs for blood pressure, cancer, and other ailments. Novartis’ Sandoz subsidiary produces generic drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients, while the Vaccine and Diagnostics segment makes immune health and blood-screening tools. Its Alcon division makes ophthalmic drugs, surgery systems, and contact lenses. The Consumer Health unit includes OTC medications such as Excedrin and Theraflu, as well as Animal Health’s agricultural animal and pet care products.
The Job : First Line Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID 227130BR
Position Title First Line Manager
Business Unit AMAC
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Nigeria
Functional Area Sales
Employment Type Regular
Job Description •
- To meet or exceed sales targets (market share/market share growth) within agreed budgets and timescales – through effective leadership of sales team.
- To achieve agreed contact, coverage and frequency targets through face to face and meetings and manage delivery of customer centric activities with all primary and secondary care customers – within operating budget.
- Manage operating expenses within agreed budgets through effective monitoring and reporting systems. Ensure that expenditure does not exceed agreed budgets.
- To ensure effective management of sales team including training and personal development in terms of ongoing training, coaching and counselling through regular field visits and management of recruitment, performance, development and retention of representatives in the area through quality processes – working in conjunction and support from sales training and HR departments.
- To ensure outstanding personal and team knowledge, and understanding of Novartis priority products, technical information, product strategy, positioning, key messages and programmes.
- To implement with excellence the sales and marketing campaigns adhering to the relevant Codes of Practice/regulations.
- To ensure effective communication which reflects leadership, focus, direction and motivation of the sales team.
- To develop and monitor an integrated operational plan which achieves business goals for the area
- Demonstrate Key Account Management skills
- 1st Degree in relevant discipline OR Life science degree, paramedic/nursing qualification, ABPI
- 5 years work experience in Pharma or allied industry with at least 1 year in managerial role
- Proven, successful selling track record (Primary and Secondary Care) 3-5 years in Pharma environment.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Coaching experience, ideally in training department.
- Marketing Sciences/product management experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How To Apply