Full-time Finance Officer at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Job : Finance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Daily supervision of finance assistants
- On a monthly basis Ensure all deductions are timely remitted to statutory authority according to the provision of the law.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments of staff, suppliers and contractors incorrect account details etc)
- Follow up to ensure prompt processing of daily vendor payments and Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- Verify that all transactions have complete supporting documents and ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
- Reconciliation of NRC bank accounts and cash boxes
- Support to ensure month end closure is completed according to the timeline provided in the finance handbook
- Support the Finance Coordinator facilitate monthly BVA meetings, Project summary and spending plans
- Experience from working as a Finance officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably Agresso
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position preferably with an NGO
- Minimum of University degree in related field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: September 2018
- Duration: 4 months (Renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
How To Apply