Full-time Finance Officer at CARE International
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
The Job : Finance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Finance Officer – position is based in the Maiduguri office and is responsible for multi-tasking responsibilities including acting as the focal person for all financial issues related to the sub offices, cash and treasury management, and General Ledger.
- The position performs data entry, all banking activities for the sub offices office as well as external funds transfers.
- He / She is to ensure that CARE Nigeria financial policies, regulations and procedures are followed in all financial transactions and the review of project and travel advances (TERs) etc.
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Act as a backup for the finance assistant when required.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office(s)
- Record all deposits received in the sub office(s) timely.
- Initiate both local and foreign bank transfers and ensure transfers are done on time.
- Send monthly bank statements and fees to the Shared service center.
- Prepare the income information report to HQ.
- Review sub office(s) deposits periodically and make the necessary adjustments.
- Respond to all bank reconciliation questions and updates from Shared Service Centre
- Manage the sub office(s) cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Centralize all monthly cash requirements and prepare all cash transfer to CUSA
- Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office(s) books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Prepare monthly income tax, withholding tax and pensions contributions of staff for payment to the appropriate tax offices and pension fund administrators.
- Reconcile for Tax and pensions accounts and for initiating the necessary adjustment.
- Prepare the provision for severance benefits and other benefits payments (including international staff payments).
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office(s) Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of First degree in Accounting, Finance Management or a combination of education and work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years progressively responsible in Accounting, Financial Management of INGO and/or directly related areas
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- Good knowledge of Accounting practice, policies and procedures
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player and Integrity
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Application Letters and detailed CV’s electronically to: [email protected]
Indicate clearly in the subject line of the email the position you are applying for (in Caps)
Save your CV with your name before attaching it
CARE strongly encourage women to apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Register&upload resume via apply online