Internship Finance Interns at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
The Job : Finance Interns
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Scope of Work
- The Intern reports to the Finance Manager in Abuja, the FCT.
- She/he supports the Finance Manager in aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in the Abuja office.
- Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
- Assist the finance assistant in ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before process for payment.
- Assist the finance officer on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to Abuja office
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IRC accounting policy, Donor restriction and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job related information.
- Assist the finance Officer on proper documentation and filing of all financial documents.
- Assist the finance office on compiling support documents for audit purposes and retuning back to their original location of the audit exercise
- Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
- With the guidance of the finance officer collect credit tax receipts from FIRS.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions.
- A minimum of one (1) year of accounting experience including NYSC service year. Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel
- Able to work in a high pressure situation,
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize task and manage time.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and open to learn new skills
- Self motivated, honest, highly responsible and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Applications addressed to the “Country Director IRC” via: [email protected]