Internship Finance and IT Interns at WaterAid Nigeria
WaterAid Nigeria is mid- way into its 2016-2021 country programme strategy which sets a 5 year building block towards delivering a more influencing led programme over a 15-year horizon. This new country strategy rather than reflect a progression from previous country programme strategies, outlines key shifts in focus required to catalyse change and achieve maximum impact for our work in Nigeria.
The Job : Finance and IT Interns
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Finance & Information Technology department Intern
Finance & Information Technology department.
Place of work:WaterAid Nigeria (Abuja)
Contract type:Internship ( one year fixed term / non -renewable)
Reports to:Head of Finance & Information Technology Department
Travel:Limited local travel to field location
The idea behind the internship is to create the opportunity for learning and development targeting young professionals. With the exposure gained and skills developed through work in an international development organization, we would be building a crop of professionals with experience directly relevant to the international development or which can easily be applied in careers in other professional sectors.
- Ensure accuracy, security and documentation of petty cash and cash receipts. Be the custodian of office petty cash.
- Ensure that petty cash is maintained at agreed minimum levels through collection of cash from bank when required.
- Support in postings of transactions into SUN, Vision and other systems/ templates.
- Support in monthly reconciliations, remittances and payments.
Filing and documentation
- Support in management and keeping of accounting records, files and other documentation.
- Stamp “paid” on all paid payment vouchers and supporting documents
- Support the process to ensure accurate and adequate documentation and recording of WaterAid Nigeria income and expenditures.
- Support in internal controls
- Send monthly update to staff on status of staff advances
- Reconcile and explain all outstanding balance on staff debtor and creditor account.
- Support in partner financial management
- Support in processing of partner funds transfer
- Other roles as may be assigned.
Skills / Abilities / Personal Qualities
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Attention to details-Ability to follow precise procedures and complete routine tasks/activities without errors
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Ability to use information and determine best fit option relative to costs and benefits of potential actions to determine most appropriate one option
- Initiative — willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Written and Oral Expression — Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others; Keen sense and appreciation of priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility-Ability to adapt to difficult situations (e.g. unforeseen change in context)
Qualifications and Experience
BSC or HND in Accounting or Business Administration or any social sciences
Student membership of a professional accounting body ( ICAN, ACCA etc)
Experience / Specific Knowledge
- Completion of National Youth Service Scheme
- Basic computer skills Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum two years post NYSC work experience in an NGO setting will be a distinct advantage
Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Excel
How To Apply
Candidates who are interested in the role and meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to submit an expression of interest letter and updated CV in a single document to email@example.com
The position title should be indicated in the subject line of the email.
Document should be saved in your name
Application is open to Abuja residents only
Register&upload resume via apply online
Already registered,Login, click apply online, submit resume to apply for this position