Full-time Fan Milk Plc Ongoing Recruitment, Lagos, Nigeria
Fan Milk Plc, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of healthy, nutritious and safe frozen dairy and non-frozen dairy food products with distribution channels across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Fan Milk Nigeria is a well established and fast growing food processing industry offering wide range of products.
The Job : Strategic Buyer (Raw and Packing Material Category)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Strategic buyer role, is created to ensure the continuous and optimal flow of the raw and packaging material required to keep the company’s raw and Packaging material supply system running efficiently .
The Role Functions
- Partners with the business to achieve strategic goals.
- Manage and deliver value across high spend raw and packaging materials category
- Implement strategic sourcing initiative, implement procurement best practices and align business and procurement strategies in the raw and packaging material category.
- Plan and schedule materials requirement to achieve synergy between the business strategy and materials management
- Monitor and manage all raw and packing materials stock, to drive cost efficiency.
Principal Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- This role is responsible for and manages the purchasing of strategic raw and packing materials category, through identification of opportunities, execution of sourcing and purchase strategies, to achieve efficiency in the system.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure achievement of targets through contribution to the GPS process.
- The role takes responsibility for material requirement planning for imported and locally sourced materials. Convert’s the sales forecast into detailed plans and schedule for inventory acquisition and stock monitoring drawing information from the company’s global planning system (GPS).
- Calculate key inventory performance metrics such as stock covered days and inventory valuation, using these and similar tools to keep the company’s inventory under tight control.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business, with suppliers utilising procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Coordinate with the relevant departments and the suppliers for new product development.
- Use data analysis to drive continuous improvement in the purchase of strategic materials and efficient inventory management.
- Consistently monitor market trends to stay abreast of the factors impacting on demand and supply, to be able to forecast trends, and implement actions, that positively impacts the company’s position
- Issue requests for quotes/Proposals (RFQ/RFP). Select the best source and raise relevant orders.
- Monitor supplier’s performance and collate data for measurement, and generating feedback.
- Ensure compliance to Fan Milk’s corporate business principles, policies and standards
- Effectively manage the relationship between the company and the suppliers.
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis, identify and execute mitigation or elimination plans.
- Achieve performance targets for inventory holding, suppliers service level and productivity.
Critical Qualifications/Skills/Experience (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- The position requires a minimum qualification B.Sc/HND in Purchasing and Supply Management, Economics, Business Administration, or other related degrees
- Possession of professional certificate of relevant bodies – MBA, CIPSMN, CIPS etc.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing function and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Navision)
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in similar position
- Must be able to work effectively with relevant levels of management
- Ability to proactively manage situations/problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must possess a persuasive and assertive personality
- Should possess a high level of integrity, honesty, diligence and transparency.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to achieve results.
- Strong analytical skills
- Numeric skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
How To Apply