Full-time Fan Milk Plc: Food Safety and Quality Systems Manager Vacancy
Fan Milk Plc, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of healthy, nutritious and safe frozen dairy and non-frozen dairy food products with distribution channels across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Fan Milk Nigeria is a well established and fast growing food processing industry offering wide range of products.
The Job : Food Safety and Quality Systems Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The FSQM, Quality Assurance will assist and support the Quality Assurance Manager.
- The FSQM contributes to guarantee Food Safety of the product through ensuring the proper operation of the FS Systems.
- The FSQM ensures that Quality & Food Safety processes are formalized & compliant with corporate/regulatory/customers referential
- The FSQM will support the implementation of Danone Q&FS management system to ensure the improvement of the FS compliance and the development of a quality mindset
- The FSQM ensures FS risks prevention & management on daily basis
- Ensure excellence in execution of Trade quality Audits, Supplier Audits and Internal Audit.
Principal Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
Maintenance of the Food safety management system:
- Update the food safety management system
- Approve the PRP requirements
- Verify the accuracy of the flow diagrams by on-site checking.
- Conduct a hazard analysis to determine which hazards need to be controlled, the degree of control required to ensure food safety, and which combination of control measures is required.
- Plan and implement the processes needed to validate control measures and/or control measure combinations, and to verify and improve the food safety management system.
- Systematically evaluate the individual results of planned verification
- Analyse the results of verification activities, including the results of the internal audits and external audits.
- Evaluate the food safety management system at planned intervals
- Review the hazard analysis, the established operational PRP(s),and the HACCP plan
Trade Quality and Complaints management:
- Reception, analysis, investigation and close out of customer and consumer complaints
- help to identify the defect root cause addressed with proper corrective actions & monitor their implementation
- Conduct Quality Trade Audits of all stakeholders at predefined frequency
- Objective training and education of all stakeholder on product information and handling
- Maintain good relationship with all relevant government agencies
- Ensure that all products are registered
- Ensure compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Conduct Supplier Audits of all stakeholders at predefined frequency
- Communicate quality deviations related to R&P delivered to the plant to supplier
- Perform Supplier risk assessment
- Supplier development with SSD
Quality Systems management:
- Conduct relevant Necessary training
- Supervise & control of traceability system through regularly conducted exercises
- Manage document management system
- Conduct internal audit at predefined frequency
- Relevant reporting
Key Performance Index:
- FSSC 22 000 certification and daily FS system compliance in the plant
- Consistency between system & daily execution
- Efficient management of documentary system
- Building FS mind-set across all functions & at the shop floor level
- Handle & reduce QA&FS non conformities.
Critical Qualifications/Skills/Experience (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
The Qualified Applicant possesses the following Background:
- HND/B.Sc in Food Science &/or Technology, Biochemistry, Biology or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the food industry, 3 of which must Quality Assurance management
- Very good knowledge of the applicable quality and food safety standards (ISO, FS 22000, PRP’s, HACCP. GMP etc.) in the food industry and mandated by government regulations.
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Strong Analysis & Risk management skills
- Solid experience in Quality & Food safety Management Systems (Dairy-based recommended)
- Advanced MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel). Data analysis & management, graphs, tables, etc.
- External & internal auditor skills
- Good interpersonal relation & communication skills
- Ability to convince the others
- Structured mind & way of working
- Optimism “can do” attitude
- Capability to work under limited time & stress
- Team spirit
How To Apply