Full-time Factory Manager at Unilever Nigeria
Unilever Nigeria – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
At Unilever, you can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
The Job :Factory Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 1800075C
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: SC Director
Scope: Global / Category / Region / Local
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- Deliver target customer service at optimal total supply chain cost.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the Factory encompassing Manufacturing methods, Organisation and People Development, Capital Investment plans, Cost Improvement programmes and Product Innovation, meeting the Business Team’s needs for the successful development of various brands
- Develop a management style that encompasses setting tough goals and involving all at the Factory in finding solutions to achieve them, and is appropriate to a small, fast growing Business.
- Ensure that Unilever Safety, Environmental and Quality policies are implemented on the site.
- Develop the planning processes for the Site to ensure efficient use of Raw Materials.
- Ensure that the Factory supplies its customers reliably and flexibly to support the Supply Chain Mission of “Our Products Always Available”.
- Prepare and agree operational budgets for the site and ensure delivery against the agreed budgets, covering all areas of spend on the site (People cost, energy, Maintenance, Materials usage etc).
- Work to find ways of reducing Raw Materials waste and organise the manufacturing teams optimally.
- Develop and agree a strategy for the Site, incorporating the requirements of key stakeholders, in particular, the Business Team, and take responsibility for implementing it.
- Prepare and agree annual and longer-term capital budgets and take responsibility for implementation of approved projects on the site.
- Personal responsibility for development of the members of the Site Management Team.
- Ensure processes in place for development of all employees on the site.
- Develop organisation and ways of working to support strategy implementation.
- Work with Management team to develop a style that enrols all on site in the achievement of site objectives.
- Ensure the site plays a full role in managing the total Supply Chain optimally.
- Ensure site objectives are fully supportive of those of the Business Team.
- At least five years prior experience in a manufacturing environment. Food processing experience an advantage.
- Manufacturing Strategy Development
- Manufacturing Performance Management
- Responsible care
- Human factors
- Extended Supply Chain interaction.
- Business Strategy formulation
- Change management
How To Apply