Full-time ExxonMobil: Operations Geology Specialist Vacancy
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the the position below:
The Job : Operations Geology Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Early Capability Operations Geologist specialist, like all geoscientists, is expected to develop a broad range of fundamental geoscience skills and the ability to comprehend and integrate knowledge, ideas and skills to solve geologic problems across exploration, development, production and research functions.
- Assignments will provide the opportunity to acquire these fundamental skills through on-the-job experience and training. Work quality and quantity, demonstrating leadership and mentoring are performance dimensions that are expected to expand in scope and breadth through time.
- The specialist brings an analytical background, usually in geoscience or engineering, and may or may not have had experience with drillwell operations. The focus will be to build depth in the three sub-disciplines of Operations Geology: Site Investigation, Integrated Pore Pressure Prediction, and Well Planning and Surveillance.
- The Early Capability Operations Geology specialist will be able to contribute independently in their role as well as mentor those less experienced and those in other disciplines on the concepts of Operations Geology to ensure that the drilled wells attain the well objectives.
Job Role Responsibilities
- The successful candidates will undergo on-the-job training which will prepare the individuals for assignments in Formation Evaluation or Operations Geology in Nigeria.
- Active member of a subsurface team responsible for a geologic asset
- Geologic inputs (including geohazards & pore pressure prediction) to the drill well planning
- Ensures the input is aligned with the team’s objectives and there is proper integration of the drill well objectives
- Provides active well surveillance during drilling operations
- Builds familiarity with all the roles on the subsurface team
- Mentors the team members on the operations geology input.
- Tasks include shallow geohazards identification, pre-drill pore pressure prediction, pre-drill well planning, post-well follow up on all operations
- The successful candidate wilt specialise in Formation Evaluation or Operations Geology and must demonstrate strong technical competencies in petrophysical analysis (Formation Evaluation) and/or drillwell execution skills. Ability to use Petrel and carry out quantitative analysis as well as possession of effective communication skills will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) and a Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geology, Geophysics or Physics
- A maximum of three (3) continuous years of relevant industry experience
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2018.
How To Apply