Full-time Export Customer Service Manager – West and North Nigeria at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible.
The Job : Export Customer Service Manager – West and North Nigeria
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We are now looking for an outstanding Commercial leader to join as the Export Customer Service Manager – West and North Nigeria. As a leader in the commercial team, your role is to inspire and position the team to do the right things for export Customers who find our value proposition attractive. You deliver through your team.
Commercial excellence and improving on the overall customer experience journey are two of your primary objectives. You strive to build value for our Customers whilst simultaneously finding operational efficiencies to drive costs down, and revenue enhancing opportunities.
To achieve this, you ensure you and your team, are empowered to be proactive, responsive, effective, accessible, adaptive and committed to improving customer experience.
- Act as a primary point of contact for customers be the Customer advocate internally in Maersk Line.
- Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction, own, manage all export customers in West and North Nigeria across all service offering.
- As part of Commercial Intelligence build strong relationships with customers, gain an understanding for their business, service needs, drivers and desires and leverage this to engage in discussions about new business opportunities and competitor/market intelligence.
- Strong partnering and collaboration cross functionally i.e. Sales, TnM and LOC
- Proactive Shipment Management (entire shipment) by team
- Trend analysis including identification of opportunities to improve ease of doing biz (e.g. e-comm/Edi).
- Develop and sustain functional expertise (Export) in Customer Service West & North Nigeria
- Ensure all solid booking pipeline management including managing interaction with the GSC.
- Proactive Shipment Management (entire shipment)
- Optimal exception management in a proactive manner across all service offering.
- Building on the baseline service provided by the GSC and Central Documentation team, create a differentiated service value proposition for segmented and flagship accounts
- High quality, sustainable, cost effective customer care solutions
- Ask customers for additional, profitable cargo, either in response to existing or own opportunities
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements relating to export processes and service delivery
We are looking for:
- Bachelor Degree,
- Strong command of English language (oral and written),
- Values based leadership
- Good knowledge and understanding of the overall the export process
- Optimal use and understanding of available export tools and platforms
- Good understanding of Maersk Line Service offerings
- Competitor knowledge and understanding
- Preferably 2 – 3 years proven experience in a Customer Service leadership role
- Proven leadership experience in managing and leading a team
- An exciting global career opportunity focused on increasing our share of wallet through value selling.
- This role offers dynamics of improving on stakeholder relationships and management skill.
- You will create valuable relationships with stakeholders and work within a dynamic team in an international environment, with the opportunity to shape your own career through continuous development.
How To Apply