Full-time Entrepreneurship Programme Manager at Tony Elumelu Foundation
The main philosophy of the Tony Elumelu Foundation is based on our Founder’s desire to empower a generation of successful for-profit entrepreneurs who drive Africa’s economic and social transformation.
Our guiding principles are derived from an inclusive economic philosophy of Africapitalism, which states that long-term, dynamic African-led private sector investment in key sectors of the continent’s economy will drive economic and social development through its programmes and activities, the Tony Elumelu Foundation seeks to “institutionalise luck” and create an environment where entrepreneurship can flourish in a sustained manner.
The Job : Entrepreneurship Programme Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Entrepreneurship Programme Manager will be responsible for strategic project management and implementation of the Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme. The job holder will be actively involved in cultivating, managing and nurturing internal and external relationships that are critical to the delivery of the Programme.
- Streamline project execution with strategic vision and purpose of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme.
- Create project management controls and templates for finance, communications and programme related events.
- Design and implement systems for monitoring and evaluation of start-ups on the programme.
- Develop proposals for tracking start-ups’ journeys with the Foundation and programme from entry to graduation and beyond.
- Manage the team schedule for project delivery and execution.
- Optimise Programme resources to deliver on time and budget.
- Leverage expertise, skills, and networks, to provide advisory support to the Executive leadership as required.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Develop systems for tracking project execution online and offline.
- Develop and manage pipeline of programme mentors, ensuring high level of engagement and affinity with the Programme.
- Development and update of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) TEF, applicants, mentors and the selection board
- Refinement of application and mentor terms & conditions, application form and eligibility and selection criteria
- Planning and coordination of programme related activities e.g. TEF Forum, Programme Webinars and training sessions.
- Liaise with Executive, Partnerships and Alumni offices to deliver on key programmes of support for start-ups
- Prepare and deliver regular status reports on the key programme’s activities
- Oversee the work of EPAs in implementing key aspects of the programme to a high standard, and ensure programme KPIs are achieved
- Continuous improvement of programme processes and elements, conducting annual review, identifying and executing strategic improvement plans for key programme areas
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to identify and mitigate programme risk factors at all stages.
- Selection and management of key vendors, ensuring alignment with programmatic goals and timelines for executing on strategic elements
- Work with Marketing and Communications team to drive awareness of the programme and achieve strategic goals for each phase from applications to graduation
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in a similar capacity.
- An advanced degree in Project Management, Business Administration or MBA.
- Knowledge of using web applications and platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Advanced Excel, MS Project, Word, Power Point.
- Good knowledge of budget management.
- Strong customer/client service orientation.
- Project Management skills.
- A strategic thinker and self-start.
- Proactive and Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent reputation for Integrity and judgement.
- Result oriented.
- Relationship management skills.
How To Apply