Full-time EngenderHealth Vacancy For Community Mobilization Officer
EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
The Job : Community Mobilization Officer, EngenderHealth.
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Under the direction of the Deputy Project Manager, the Community Mobilization Specialist will:
- Amend community mobilization strategy to reflect findings of 2016 Communications Needs Assessment conducted by FC+.
- Facilitate immediate and long-range community mobilization activities related to Fistula Care programming at multiple levels, including individual households, local leadership, grassroots organizations, local, state and national government, and other Implementing and Donor Agencies. Identify and detail community mobilization activities for inclusion in workplans and budgets, including budget estimates for planned activities
- Partner with Ward Development Committees (WDCs) to identify community groups in focal states which may include religious groups, women’s groups, men’s groups, local community organizations and NGOs, as well as private sector institutions. create awareness of obstetric fistula, its prevention, access to treatment and options for reintegration
- Supervise community activities conducted by any local community organization/NGO partners, including providing programmatic details as needed for subawards or professional service agreements and reviewing activity reports by partners
- Conduct sensitization workshops and coordinate other activities with WDCs, community leaders and groups to increase awareness about fistula prevention and treatment and to foster positive attitudes on SRHR issues
- Coordinate activities with community mobilization officers from FGON, USAID or other donor-supported projects to identify possible joint activities for implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized higher institution in Public Health, Health
- Planning or related discipline.
- Five years’ experience in community engagement
- Training and SBCC materials development skills preferred
- Experience with report writing and strategy writing
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to work collegially with community groups, other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
Ability to conduct interviews, record and report findings and work without close supervision
Computer skills with MS Word and MS Excel essential. Knowledge of software such as SPSS, Stata, MS Access, desirable.
Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to deal with variety of individuals from various socio economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
Ability to travel 30% to 50% time
How To Apply