Full-time Education Finance Campaign Consultant at Malala Fund
About Malala Fund: Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organisations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.
strong>The Job : Education Finance Campaign Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports to: Education Finance Campaign Manager
Status:6-month contract; February – July 2018
Position Summary: Significant new sources of finance are needed in order to reach the Sustainable Development Goal target for all girls to receive free, safe, quality education. Malala Fund wants to play a major role in boosting the ambition to secure the necessary investments to get every girl into school. The Education Finance Campaign Consultant will serve as a key member of the small team leading Malala Fund’s work on this topic —one of the organisation’s top strategic priorities for 2018.
You will be a networker and relationship builder, with a track record of effectively and creatively reaching decision makers to influence policy decisions.
I. Consultant Responsibilities:
- Working with colleagues, manage the day-to-day on Malala Fund’s education finance campaign in key countries, ensuring close integration with the organisation’sadvocacy, campaigns and communications activities.
- Identify opportunities for including Malala Fund’s signature programme(s), the Gulmakai Network (and Girl Advocacy Programme where applicable), into the organisation’s education finance strategy.
- Develop and maintain a wide network of contacts across the national education sector, relevant groups and individuals.
- Represent Malala fund in cross-sector and coalition work, identifying strategic opportunities to partner with allies and influence decision makers.
- Draft campaign materials, including briefings and flyers, for sign off by colleagues.
- Help develop campaign narrative and strategies for media relations and supporter mobilisation, informed by advocacy priorities and intel.
- Support colleagues in gathering assets including stories, photos and video, needed for campaign development.
- Deliver regular progress and intel reports to enable ongoing evaluation and course correction of campaign strategies.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume a short cover letter to [email protected], indicating “Education Finance Campaign” in the subject line of the email.