Full-time Eaton: Product Manager Vacancy
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
The Job : Product Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Product Manager is a key member of the Eaton Product Management team and will be responsible for all electrical products and solutions offerings and mapping client business requirements to systems/technical requirements supporting the West Africa region.
Provide Technical Solution offerings to the Sales Department Africa-wide.
Collaborate with Account Managers and product management teams in South Africa and EMEA to ensure that technically correct, accurate quotations are submitted for solutions offered. Present solution offerings to End users, Partner and Consultants.
· Assist locally with the product launches and solutions drive into the West African region.
· Share best practices and be a consultant to clients throughout duration of any project or sale
· Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
· Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design
· Participate in training, design, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with the entire team
· Participate and lead, when needed, project meetings with the customer
· Participate in pre-sales and sales activities
· Maintain and Grow relationships with the chosen Partners and Consultants.
· Develop customer relations and show Eaton’s complete product and solutions offering and commitment to Life Safety.
· Prepare solution offerings for turnkey solutions, Offering Partners both new and existing products but not limited to Safety.
· Support the Account Managers with technical queries and quotations
· Assist with Events and Trade shows on a technical basis
· Provide training where required
· Streamline processes and systems wherever possible, and advise senior management.
· Should adopt the Eaton Business System and adopt Eaton Values and Ethics
· Must effectively collaborate with external and internal customers and work toward instilling trust with customers to build strong long term relationships and drive for results to grow the business.
· Must be an individual that shows personal commitment to constant improvement through lessons learnt from experience as well as through others and structured learning.
· 10 years or more experience in the electrical products and solutions.
· In-depth knowledge of both installation and manufacturing standards (EN).
· Extensive experience with all aspects of customer relationship management, project management.
· Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
· Knowledge of local market and competition
· Results/goals orientated
· Electrical and Electronic Engineering Diploma
· Proven Solutions consulting experience in large enterprises
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
· Knowledge service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
· Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Primary Location: Nigeria
Other Locations: Nigeria-NG State-Lagos
How To Apply