Full-time Eat’n’Go Limited: Tax and Compliance Officer Vacancy
Eat’n’Go brings great taste to Africa. A restaurant group dedicated to bringing the best F&B brands and concepts to Africa, Eat’n’Go feeds your needs.
It has entered the market as the exclusive master franchisee for two great international franchises: Domino’s Pizza, a $6 billion fast food giant and Cold Stone Creamery, a $1.5 billion rising star.
The Job : Tax and Compliance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting Line: This role reports to the Head of Finance
Main purpose of this role is to help creating tax strategies for dealing with different tax authorities as well as managing tax authorities on daily basis.
- To ensure the company is in full compliance with tax laws and regulations
- To ensure the Company follows on other statutory compliances such as ITF, PAYE, NHF and others
- To establish good relationship with tax and official authorities
- To ensure timely remittance of the tax liabilities
- Calculating tax liability, ensuring compliance is completed speedily and efficiently, and submitting tax returns and associated documents by the appropriate deadlines
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimize a client’s liability
- Monthly computation of VAT and Consumption taxes as well as WHT, Paye among others
- Researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation
- Liaising and negotiating with tax authorities
- Producing reports and presentations with the achieved results
- Advising and consulting in order to provide advice about tax legislation, eg ensuring business and assets are properly structured to minimize the incidence of taxation
- Advising on employee incentivisation schemes, eg share options, share ownership trusts, tax-efficient employee benefits and the creation of employee benefit trusts
- Advising on aspects of property transactions, including acquisitions of foreign property, and the use of tax efficient structures in property deals, including the effective use of partnerships and co-ownership structures
Monthly Summary Tax report
- Individual monthly tax calculations per location – Abuja. Ibadan, Enugu, Lagos
- Reports relating to calculation of various tax and statutory liabilities
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by Accounts Manager or Head of Finance.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ relevant working experience as a tax consultant, tax advisor or tax officer
- High Integrity, utmost confidentiality level
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented with expert knowledge of (GAAP) accounting and tax procedures and financial reporting practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex data in an organized, concise manner
- Independent, mature, self-initiative and possesses positive attitude
- Make decisions and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines and at the same time deliver time results and reports.
- Team player and fast worker
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to forward CV to [email protected] with job title as the subject of the mail.