Full-time Drivers at Helen Keller International (HKI)
Established in 1915, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged persons. We combat the cause and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa (including Nigeria), Asia as well as in the United States.
The Job : Drivers
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Admin Assistant, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work.
- The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the HKI, Akwa Ibom State office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of Akwa Ibom.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the Finance and Admin Assistant.
- Keep vehicle Logbook updated and accurate.
- Assure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Assure the safety of all passengers.
- Ensures proper day-to- day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of in accidents.
- All necessary reports are completed in connection with any accident and the driver must report this situation to the supervisor immediately.
Secondary Education; valid Driver’s license
1-2 years’ work experience as a driver; preferably in a development organization, safe driving record, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Experience as a qualified mechanics desired but not required
Fluency in any of the local language will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested persons may send comprehensive resume with a cover letter as ONE MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title as the subject of the email. You will receive an auto response confirming your application. Note that applications will not be accepted after 5pm on Friday April 6th 2018.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position, only applicants’ resident in Akwa Ibom will be considered.