Full-time Devex: Associate Director Vacancy
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.
The Job : Associate Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Devex is currently assisting a global organization dedicated to providing research-based evaluation and consulting, in its search for an Associate Director to develop its strong and growing division in Lagos, Nigeria.
The organization advises on development programmes, public policy and behaviour change through data, analytics, research, behavioural insight and knowledge of best practice.
The Associate Director will work on a wide range of research and evaluation projects for clients in the development sector with a small team of researchers and evaluators, reporting into the head of the division. S/he will focus on proposals, project design, implementation analysis and reporting, and will take an active role in the development of approaches, technical methods and applications for development clients.
- At least a Bachelor degree in development, monitoring and evaluation, social research or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing research projects and / or monitoring and evaluation projects
- Strong technical understanding of the stages of a research project or evidence collection as part of evaluation. We will require to see evidence of work in suitable organizations on relevant projects
- Extensive proposal writing experience
- Experience with client service and design, not just field management and data processing
- Must have experience of managing projects in a social research or development context
- Ideally with experience in a consulting organization or individual consulting, so used to a private sector and commercial environment
- Highly motivated individual with strong quality standards
- Very strong project management skills – able to deliver high quality research and evaluation assignments in challenging environments, working to schedule with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and
- keeping to budgets. Innovative thinking to overcome challenges and get things done
Ability to multi-task
- Effective communication and social skills, gravitas and authority with clients
- Willing to work evenings/flexibly when required
- Focus in Public Health or Agriculture would be an advantage
- Strong preference for Nigerian National
How To Apply