Full-time Deloitte Nigeria: Social/Community Engagement Specialist Recruitment
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
The Job : Social/Community Engagement Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Requisition code: NG153388VA
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access. Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining ties to community organizations and energy sector stakeholders, and for building strong local feedback and support for activities.
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to activities promoting community engagement.
- Strengthen capacity of energy stakeholders to engage with citizens, include them in participatory planning processes, and incorporate their priorities into planning documents.
- Facilitate citizen participation in collaborative decision making, management, and monitoring related to client activities.
- Promote productive interactions between communities, civil society, and municipalities that facilitate upward flow of information on community needs and priorities.
- Contribute to work plans, reporting, and deliverables as needed
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
- Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters.
- Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work.
- We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
- Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 3 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 3 years of experience.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
- Accurately follows the directives or corrections given by others.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- High energy, results oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle ambiguity and nuance.
- Well organized, strong on follow-through.
- Highly motivated, self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Culturally competent.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How To Apply