Deloitte Nigeria: Communications Specialist Recruitment
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
The Job : Communications Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Requisition code: NG153389VA
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Communications Specialist is responsible for managing and coordinating all external project communications and online presence.
- his includes everything from written and printed materials to the project’s website and social media sites
- Help develop the project’s official Branding and Marking Plan and enforce this plan throughout the life of the project.
- Develop external communications material (written and printed), from the design stage all the way to the distribution stage. Strong writing and communications skills are required for this.
- Coordinate communications with third parties, counterparts, or other stakeholders and schedule meetings, as needed.
- Support the writing and development of ongoing reports or deliverables, ensuring they are well written and abide by Branding and Marking guidelines. This may involve collecting information to produce Success Stories, which should be produced on a quarterly or semiannual basis to showcase some of the project’s major accomplishments.
- Proofread and edit final deliverables, as requested by leadership.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of client communications and branding regulations, as well as contract limitations, and inform/educate others on these requirements as necessary.
- Manage the project’s social media sites and website (as permitted by the client and contract, and according to regulations). For example, this may include managing the team’s Facebook page and making consistent, well-constructed posts on project development and achievements.
What Impact Will You Make:
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work.
- We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 3 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 3 years of experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities, and comfortable with asking for help or reconsideration of priorities
- Able to regularly measure and evaluate Voices’ communications using Google Analytics,
- Facebook Insights and Google Alerts
- Extremely detail oriented and comfortable developing and/or working with project plans/timelines
- Flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a website content management system
- Experience working with an email marketing system (experience using Salsa a plus)
- Experience using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Proven print collateral design experience (preferably using an Adobe Creative Suite program)
- Creative and resourceful
- Able to work collaboratively with vendors, consultants, and Voices’ staff and board
- Media relations experience, including writing press releases and statements, building media lists and collecting media mentions
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How To Apply