Danish Refugee Council (DRC): Finance Coordinator Recruitment
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Job : Finance Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Contract type: Expatriate contract
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Under the supervision of Head of Support Services (HoSS) the Finance Coordinator will ensure that all financial functions in the country programs including accounting, payments and banking payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance are done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Lead and manage the finance team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- In close cooperation with Managers in geographical area reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns
- Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action
- Collecting cash forecasts from all Programme Managers and requesting funds in a timely manner
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with project managers to discuss key variances, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required
- Prepare for local audits
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers
Technical Line Management Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and support to other Employees in same technical area, who report to a different Manager
- Advise on and promote understanding and application of DRC policies, procedures and principles.
- Raise non-compliance
- When relevant, drives development of policies and standards in region or country and/or localizes global policies to regional or country level
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of international practical experience in a senior financial management position
- Proven experience in managing large budgets
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID or BPRM guidelines)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Fluent in English.
How To Apply