Full-time Danish Refugee Council (DRC): Cash & Voucher Programme Assistant – (National Contract) VAcancy
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Job : Cash & Voucher Programme Assistant – (National Contract)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Cash Transfer Program (CTP) Assistant is responsible for assisting the CTP Officer to implementation of DRC CTP activities in the intervention communities in Borno State.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and ensuring the effective implementation of the CTP
- Assist in all CTP related field work, including community mobilization, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions, and monitoring.
- Assist in ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Partcipate in trader identification,selection and training
- Assist in payment procedures, including documentation, approval and actual payment/voucher distribution
- Assist in maintaining all documentations relating directly to CTP activities required to ensure accountability to DRC and donors, particularly where labor is concerned.
- Assist in administrative matters relating directly to CTP activities: time-sheets, payment schedules, required paper-work and liaison with finance department.
- Assist in administrative matters relating directly to cash transfer activities including reconciliation with cash-out agents following distributions.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Work with the Programme Officer to prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for CTP activities.
- Provide information on CTP activities as requested by the Programme Officer
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference, and security threats to DRC staff and activities.
- Assist DRC Security Officer and Cash Transfer Programme Officer on any threats to DRC staff and activities; promptly reporting incidents/security threats in areas of operation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Cash and Voucher Programme Officer
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies:
- Prepare and share work plan with the CPT Officer according to the programme detail and implementation plan
- Provide the CTP Officer with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- BA/B.Sc/HND in relevant field required; 2 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Prior experience implementing CTP with an INGO is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Kanuri or Hausa is required
- Contract length: 4 Months
- Level: Designation of Duty Station: Maiduguri,Borno State.
- Start date: 1st March 2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How To Apply