Full-time Cummins Nigeria: AFM Sales Leader Vacancy
Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
The Job : AFM Sales Leader
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req ID: 1700058V
- Manages an account team and key customer relationships through the sales and account support cycle and executes sales and business development plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals within assigned customers.
- Develops new and expands existing customer relationships within the Customer.
- Manages the relationship building of the account team. Accountable for the execution of the sales strategy in support of key customers.
- Roles aligned to this GPP may be eligible for a Sales Compensation program.
- Develops long-term, strategic business relationships with key accounts supporting Cummins’ sales strategy.
- Develops profitable growth or new business opportunities jointly with the key accounts and supports cost initiatives.
- Achieves revenue goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
- Maintains excellent relationships with customer business executives and internal leadership.
- Conducts highly complex contract negotiations.
- Fosters/supports/executes the development of new methods, processes, and procedures; resolves complex issues.
- Mentors, motivates, and develops less experienced sales and account team staff.
- Develops and maintains account strategy in an account plan and works with stakeholders in the business to achieve optimum results.
- Acts as a champion for the voice of the customer within the business: Responsible for measuring customer loyalty using NPS methods and championing CFSS or ‘just do it’ projects which are the outcome of a NPS loyalty workshop.
- Manages accounts receivable deliverables including payment term negotiation discussions.
- Maintains accurate reporting and forecasting through utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. common sales cycle, Customer Relationship Management Systems).
- Fosters/supports/executes Customer Focus Six Sigma initiatives to strengthen relationship with customer.
- Responsible for cross business unit account development in support of account strategy.
- Manages communication with all levels of customers and Cummins management.
- May have direct reports but direct reports may not be Distribution Account or Field Sales employees.
- Assures good communication and coordination between account management, field sales, upstream influencers, sales management, inside sales and sales analysts (if applicable) to attain the goals of the sales strategy and culture, management of customers, sales talent management and sales operations.
- Communication Skills – Verbal communication and presentation skills utilizing telephone and web technologies.
- Possesses listening and written communication skills. Can successfully demonstrate and model the skill to others. Can identify uncommon situations associated with the use of this skill and address them independently, or effectively ask for help from a more experienced person. Can provide coaching to lower level performers on how to use the skill in typical work situations.
- Focus on Customer Needs – In depth knowledge of key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- Anticipates and takes action to meet customer needs.
- Continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction. Knowledgeable of vital customer information required to make informed business decisions.
- Able to leverage network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information listed above as well as to attain customer specific information to provide a match between Customer needs and Cummins offerings to maximize sales opportunities. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Sales Negotiation – Identifies, recognizes, and uses negotiating tactics. Understands and knows how to develop and leverage power in a negotiation. Can coach others on the utilization of negotiating skills. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support customer negotiations. Lead negotiator on major accounts.
- Account Planning – Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs and measure progress.
- Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support account planning as well as customer loyalty NPS tools and process.
- Account Team Leadership – In depth knowledge of systems and processes designed to deliver goods to customers and support customer needs. Able to direct others to use the systems, processes and support organization to support customer needs and deliver to customer expectations. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools that support account management.
- Manage Customer Disagreements – Manages customer conflicts and disagreements through collaborative resolution.
- Product Knowledge – Business-specific knowledge of what Cummins is trying to sell (features, benefits, applications, etc.). Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer.
- Able to teach others to formulate effective messages and represent the features and benefits of the product.
- Service Knowledge – Knowledge of the organizational structure of the Regional Distribution Organizations (RDOs).
- Familiarity with the services offered by the distribution channel. This includes whole good sales, part sales and distribution, maintenance and repair services, dealer support, and other areas of revenue generation.
- Effectively communicates and works with Distributor personnel to complete performance plan objectives which require interaction with the global distribution network. Aware of the DBU’s role in the distribution and support of EBU, PGBU and FBU products.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- University or college degree in the field of Sales or Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified a plus
- Significant level of relevant work experience required.
- Experience as a sales representative and other sales support function desirable.
- Experience in strategy, management/budget holding, product, technical roles beneficial.
- Significant travel may be required.
How To Apply