Full-time Copy Editors at OrderPaper Nigeria
OrderPaper is Nigeria’s premier multi-platform media organization dedicated to reporting, tracking and archiving activities of the legislature as an arm of government for the digital age. We are the first authentic and independently-driven medium of interface between citizens and elected representatives in Parliament and in this way, deepen democratic growth and development in the country.
The Job : Copy Editors
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Do you know when to use “who” vs. “whom”? Do you take pleasure in correcting typos and inconsistencies in copy?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment? Our organization seeks a sharp, eagle-eyed Copy Editor to join the dynamic team.
- Since the ideal candidate is expected to present OrderPaper’s copies in fun, creative, insightful and engaging ways, he/she is required to be highly motivated, imaginative, and resourceful with a strong experiential knowledge of social media platforms.
- Ideal candidate will also need to be able to produce concisely-written, engaging, clickable posts – all promoting the OrderPaper brand and content while encouraging engagements and helping to create a unique OrderPaper community across online social networks.
- Edit copies to make them publishable and shareable
- Work directly with Editorial, Graphics and Special Projects Teams
- Produce internet-friendly stories, and take responsibility for subsequent circulation and amplification on social media channels
- Ensure error-free stories and take a lead in pitching for story ideas
- Provide direction and on-the-field support to reportorial teams.
- Knowledge and experience of newsrooms operations
- Good writing/blogging skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience with political reporting and sound knowledge of the legislature
- Strong understanding of social media audiences and targeting strategies
- Hands on attitude and ability to work across multiple projects
- Analytical skills (including familiarity with web analytics tools)
- Investigative reporting/Strong collaboration skills
- Degree/Diploma from a University, Polytechnic or relevant vocational institution
- Graphics/videography skills will be an advantage
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s (including your Twitter handle) and Cover Letter to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be ‘Copy Editor Position.’
Note: OrderPaper Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer without bias for gender or disability.