Full-time Content Intern at Panacea Digital Library
Panacea is an e-library project of e86 Limited and one of the 1,000 business ideas picked by Accenture for the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) 2016 from over 45, 000 entries across Africa.
Our platform leverages on the principles of collaboration and sharing economy to deliver maximum value to authors, publishers, readers and all categories of book lovers.
Since we launched in July 2017 we have drawn readers and authors from Nigeria, and five other countries spanning Africa, North America and South America. Ultimately, we seek to improve access to quality learning resources especially across Africa.
The Job : Content Intern
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We are looking for a qualified Content intern to join our team. Successful candidate will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content for our blog and social media platforms.
You will also manage correspondence with contributors, conduct interviews, share content to raise brand awareness and monitor web metrics to optimise for best results.
Our ideal candidate is a smart undergraduate or National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member with demonstrable creative writing skills, initiative, eagerness to learn and ability to work with minimal supervision.
As a Content intern, you should be detail-oriented and have no difficulty with meeting delivery timelines. If you are also tech savvy and experienced in social media management you might just be the super star.
- Develop content strategy aligned with company’s brand positioning and marketing targets
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Liaise with content writers to ensure excellence and brand consistency
- Optimise content for search engines
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar and mobilise content team to deliver
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. intellectual property rights and data protection)
- Stay abreast of developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and WordPress
- Rudimentary technical knowledge of HTML and online publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
In line with our commitment to a flexible work arrangement you will not be required to report physically except for important in-person meetings which will be no frequent than once a month. Remuneration will be negotiated upon selection.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s in a story form to: [email protected] and attach two writing samples. Include your phone number and links to your social media profiles particularly Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Note: In line with our commitment to a flexible work arrangement you will not be required to report physically except for important in-person meetings which will be no frequent than once a month.