Full-time Consultant – Rapid Survey at ActionAid Nigeria
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency
that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The Job : Consultant-Rapid Survey on Agroecology and Response to Climate Change
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
As ActionAid Nigeria Local Rights Programme leads on Agroecology and Climate justice, it seeks to:
- Understand Nigeria’s programmes in response to climate change
- Assess the impact of our policies and practices regarding solutions to climate change
- Propose best possible options and alternatives towards sustainable Development through Agroecology and climate Justice
- Understand what we need to focus our campaign and capacity building towards policy change and community level practices
- Identify various global climate change policies and Nigerian Policies/Climate Strategy documents; and
- Understand the various mitigation and adaptation measures put in place that will enhance our campaign strategy.
- To achieve the above, we are conducting a survey on National policy and practice on climate resilient sustainable Agriculture in Nigeria.
- Department: Partnerships & Local Rights Programme
- Activity: Rapid Survey on Agroecology and Response to Climate Change
- Reports to: Head of Programmes
- Timeframe: 13th June – 12th July, 2018
- Contract: Short Term Contract
Responsibilities / Key Deliverables
The following are expectations from the consultant:
- The consultant shall meet with the coordinating team upon the award of contract to have better grasp of expectation of AAN from the contract.
- The Consultant will be responsible for conducting a survey on National policy and practice on climate resilient sustainable Agriculture in Nigeria with a view of :
- Understanding Nigeria’s programmes in response to climate change.
- Assessing the impact of our policies and practices regarding solutions to climate change
- Proposing best possible options and alternatives towards sustainable Development through Agroecology and climate Justice
- Understanding what we need to focus our campaign and capacity building towards policy change and community level practices
- Consultant will proceed to conduct the survey in a sample of 6 States of Bauchi, Kwara, Ebonyi, Delta, Ondo, Zamfara and FCT.
- Produce a report of findings and share with ActionAid Nigeria team
- Make a presentation of the report during agroecological summit on 12th August 2018
- The Consultant will support AAN as agreed in this contract and as subsequently agreed between S(he) and Head of Programmes or any other person authorised to negotiate with him/her on behalf of the organisation. S(he) is therefore to indicate availability within specified timeframe stated in this ToR.
Confidentiality, Disclosure of Information
- Information will be made available for the Consultant and his/her personnel, on a needâ€‘toâ€‘know basis.
- The Consultant will undertake to keep confidential the variety of information and other confidential materials to which this work gives her access.
- It is understood and agreed that the Consultant shall, during and after the effective period of the Contract, treat as confidential and not divulge, unless authorised in writing by the Head of Programmes and with the consent of the Country Director, any information obtained in the course of the performance of the Contract.
Ownership of outputs
- The outputs of this contract as stipulated in the terms of reference belong to ActionAid Nigeria
Place of Work & Administrative Support
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Work shall be performed at the Consultant’s place of business. Facilities, where there is convincing need for such, will be provided as necessary by ActionAid Nigeria. ActionAid will cover the cost of transportation, accommodation and perdiem according to ActionAid rate during fieldwork.
- The selected consultant will sign a contract with AAN and is responsible for acquiring relevant tools needed for the task. Interested consultants are invited to apply by sending a CV detailing competency.
- Education: Recognised degree
- At least 5 years’ experience delivering similar assignment
- Proven experience working in area of agroecology and climate change
- Familiarity with development work
- High level written and oral communications skills in English
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with development partners;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- A good grasp of English language
Terms of Payment
The consultant shall be paid a fee of N30,000 per day for 30 days. He/She shall be responsible for his/her tax and other statutory obligations. ActionAid shall however deduct the statutory 5% With Holding Tax (WHT) and remit to relevant authority. The Consultant should provide AAN his/her Tax Identification Number (TIN) for the purposes of remittance.
How To Apply
Applicants should send an Expression of Interest electronically to: [email protected] and cc: [email protected] using the subject line Rapid Survey on Agroecology and Response to Climate Change