Full-time Consultant (Call for Proposal for Education Management Firm) at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a global organisation powered by the belief that a better world is possible. Mercy Corps started its operations in 1979 in Portland, USA and has since expanded to 43 countries worldwide. The organisation exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people secure productive and just communities. Our work focuses on areas of emergency relief, sustainable economic development, gender and education. Mercy Corps has been in Nigeria since 2012 and has grown into a multi-sectoral country office with more than 150 staff across offices in FCT, Gombe, Maiduguri, Biu, Kano, Lagos, and Jos where more than 500,000 beneficiaries are served.
The Job : Consultant (Call for Proposal for Education Management Firm)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Tender No: 020/FY2018
Locations: FCT, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos
Fund Codes: 91221
Recipient of Services: Mercy Corps Nigeria
Name of Project: Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) II Programme is funded through the Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) of the Department for International Development (DFID) and is implemented across the three Nigerian states of Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and the Federal Capital Territory. Mercy Corps leads the implementation of the programme.
- ENGINE II (April 2017 to March 2020) is a sequel to ENGINE 1 (October 2013 to March 2017). The first phase of the programme was successful in reaching over 24,000 marginalised in-school girls (ISG) and out-of-school girls (OSG), of which 21,162 girls were retained for continuation into the ENGINE II programme.
- The primary objective of ENGINE II is to increase the literacy and numeracy (learning outcomes) of the retained 21,162 retained girls, now aged between 18 to 23 years old. The program also seeks to facilitate girls’ “transitions” into higher academic grades and/or a range of economic opportunities (vocational training, entrepreneurship).
- To sustain the programme’s impact, Mercy Corps works directly with government (State and Federal), school stakeholders and community members to transfer ownership of successful programme interventions.
- ENGINE II is currently in its inception phase. Implementation of the programme is scheduled start in April 2018 upon completion of a baseline evaluation
How To Apply
Interested and qualified companies/organizations should send an expression of interest to: [email protected] to access full tender documents (Scope of Work and Terms of Reference) with full details on the project and the requirements.
Note: Submissions after the deadline will not be taken into consideration