Full-time Community Manager at Sponge Limited
Sponge Limited is a leading mobile-first, full service digital marketing agency that delivers outstanding mobile and digital campaigns for some of the biggest brands across Africa.We are currently recruiting for the position of a Community Manager. This position is based on contract and renewable every 3 months.
The Job :
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
A Community Manager is an appointed administrator for clients social media communities (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Pages). The Community Manager is responsible for moderating User Generated Content that appears and escalating any issues to the appropriate internal/client teams.
1. Managing and growing the clients presence through social media pages and other strategically relevant online properties
2. Responsible for customer support answering questions however they come in the social media pages and managing any online feedback forums
3. Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
4. Attending industry events in different cities (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for the community
5. Utilize social listening tools in use
6. Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization
7. Create and maintain Content Calendars, including writing Facebook Status Updates
8. Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar
9. Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
10. Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add
value to the users experience.
11. Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
12. Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
Understanding of popular social networks design, functionality, users
Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills.
Proficiency in social listening tools
Exceptional communication skills within the agency team.
Very high attention to detail.
Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Age : 22 – 28 years
Experience in managing social media platforms or communities for brands is an added advantage.
Degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.