Full-time Chief Security Officer at Kaduna State University
The Kaduna State University was established under the Kaduna State Law promulgated in May, 2004. The promulgation was a consequence of the obvious and felt need to boost higher education in the State. Consequently, two campuses were approved, one in Kaduna town and the other in Kafanchan. At present, the University has a total of seven faculties, thirty seven departments and twenty nine programmes fully established. In addition, there is a College of Basic Studies that runs Remedial Programmes in both Campuses. The University has established a Postgraduate School and a College of Health Sciences
The Job : Chief Security Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The post of the Chief Security Officer, Kaduna State University, Kaduna is presently vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the Kaduna State University Law, the position of the Chief Security officer is hereby advertised for suitably qualified persons to apply.
- The Chief Security officer shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor on all security matters in the University and shall be in charge of the daily administration of the Security Unit.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for the position of the Chief Security Officer must possess the following:
- M.A in the Humanities/M.Sc. in the Social Sciences or Science/MPA or LLB or
- B.A in the Humanities/B.Sc.in the Social Sciences or Science, with at least 10 years relevant working experience in a recognized Institution or
- HND, with at least 12 years relevant working experience in a recognized Institution
- Must be a Retired Military or Police Officer, not below the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel or its equivalent or Chief Superintendent of Police
Conditions of Service
- The appointment for the post of Chief Security Officer will be for a single term of five (5) years only.
- Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Chief Security Officer in Nigerian Public Universities and as may be defined by the State Government and Governing Council of the University from time to time.
- The candidate shall not be more than 55 years at the time of application.
- Those who have served as Chief Security Officers in any University in the past eight (8) years or who are currently serving as Chief Security Officers need not apply.
How To Apply
Applicants must forward twenty (20) photocopies each of their Curriculum Vitae and relevant credentials with the following information below:
Full Name: Surname First
Number of Children, including the Age of each Child
Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
Current Postal Address
Educational Qualifications obtained with dates
Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies/Associations
Work experience, Status and Salary Level
Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Candidates are required to submit five (5) photocopies each of their Application Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) attaching photocopies of relevant credentials under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Chief Security Officer, Kaduna state University” and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Kaduna State University,
Tafawa Balewa Way,