Full-time Chief Security Officer at the University of Lagos (UNILAG)
The University of Lagos was founded in 1962 to provide manpower needs for the newly independent Nigerian Nation. It is a city University located in the commercial city of Lagos. Over the years the University has grown to be the Nation’s pride and the University of 1st Choice, with about 48,000 students and 4,000 members of staff.
The Job : Chief Security Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The candidate must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc./B.Tech. from a recognized institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division plus a Professional Certificate in Security Training from a reputable institution.
- SSCE/NECO/WASCE/GCE O/L Credit in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- In addition candidates must be a duly registered member of the Nigerian Institute of Security (NIS) and must have a minimum of 19 years post qualification relevant experience in a University or other institutions of higher learning or related recognized organisations.
- Experience in relevant arm of Law Enforcement or any of the Armed Forces at a Management/Senior level will be an added advantage, such experience should be supported with a career profile.
- Applicants should have the experience and drive to motivate other security personnel as well as provide excellent security coverage for the whole University community within approved schemes and calendars.
- All applicants must be ICT compliant. In addition there will be IT proficiency test for all applicants.
Salary and Conditions
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as contained in the University of Lagos service of condition for senior staff.
- (CONTISS 14) (N1,831,707.84 – N2,392,571.64).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications which must be in fifteen (15) hard copies should be accompanied by relevant certificates and credentials. Such applications must be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) showing the following:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Phone Number (Mobile)
- Nationality at Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-secondary Education (including dates and Institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (including Distinctions with dates)
- Statements of Experience including full details of former and present posts
- Names and addresses of three referees
Applicant are expected to Click Here to complete an online application and print out. The printed online application form along with the hard copies of their applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope, to:
The Deputy Registrar (HRMD),
2nd Floor, Senate Building,
University of Lagos,
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf.