Full-time Chief of Party at Project HOPE
Project HOPE (Health Opportunities for People Everywhere) is dedicated to providing lasting solutions to health problems with the mission of helping people to help themselves. Identifiable to many by the SS HOPE, the world’s first peacetime hospital ship, Project HOPE now provides medical training and health education, as well as conducts humanitarian assistance programs in more than 35 countries.
The Job : Chief of Party
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- We are currently seeking a Chief of Party responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR).
- S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The proposed COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and should have extensive experience in public/international health.
- S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with organization and USG regulations.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure they are compliant with Project HOPE policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversee project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards.
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing complex programs or programs of similar scope and size
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including PEPFAR 3.0 guidelines.
- Experience in managing large child-focused field programs for an international NGO
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning and understanding of HIV/AIDS-related continuum of care support services. Experience designing, managing, and supporting the implementation of national program activities related to OVC programs strongly preferred
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description
- Experience of working in a developing country setting, preferably Sub-Sharan Africa
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, staff development and capacity building
How To Apply