Full-time Chief Field Officer at the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
The Job : Chief Field Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 509376
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
How can you make a difference?
- Under the supervision of the Chief, Field Services and overall guidance of the Deputy Representative, in support to and in close cooperation with the UNICEF Country Office in Abuja, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination, development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a broad range of programmes/projects in the Field Office, Kaduna, focused on achievement of UNICEF’s Organizational priorities.
Knowledge Management for Programmes:
- Ensure that field office programmes are supported by knowledge management through data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
Programme Development and Management:
- Identify critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyse country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
Optimum Use Of Program Funds:
- Establish and supervise programme work plans and monitor progress and compliance. Monitor the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated. Take appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds.
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluations:
- Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach:
- Adopt rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks.
- Formulate consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects. Bring coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability:
- Provide government authorities with technical supports and guidance to plan and organize training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels:
- Conduct policy analysis from a children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the government, community and family levels for elevating credibility in national and international policy debates.
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration:
- Develop partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies.
- Linkage to the Country Office/Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme data.
Qualification of Successful Candidate
- An advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Developing country work experience and background/familiarity coordinating Emergency response.
- Experience in heading a field/zonal office, an asset. Experience in remote/isolated conditions is an asset. Social Policy Experience is an asset
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
How To Apply