Full-time Chemonics International: Tuberculosis (TB) Logistics Manager Vacancy
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
The Job : Tuberculosis (TB) Logistics Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the TB Logistics Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The TB Logistics Manager will support the GHSC-PSM Tuberculosis Logistics Team under the overall guidance of the Lab Logistics Director to provide hands-on support to health facilities, States, and Federal Ministry of Health Agencies through their Logistics Management Coordination Units (LMCUs) and at the Central level. In collaboration with the Lab Logistics Manager, Regional Managers, s/he will support Health Facilities, the providing lab services, implementing partners, Global Fund-supported partners and other stakeholders in defined location on supply chain-related activities to enhance data visibility and information sharing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Provides technical support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS and TB laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, and funding and procurement decisions.
- Contribute to providing the overall vision and annual work plans for the project to ensure that GHSC-PSM work plan activities related to laboratory logistics support the national strategies.
- Provides technical support and supervise Logistics Advisor to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment, warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provides technical assistance and make presentations to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Provides technical assistant and mentor Logistics Advisor for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Support training/mentoring of health facility staff in the use and application of the LMIS tools for the collection of HIV and TB logistics data
- Provide technical support to ensure that expired or unusable chemicals and reagents are separated from active stock and treated following appropriate procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Logistics System or his/her designate.
Minimum Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Logistics Management, or its equivalent. Additional Master’s Degree in relevant area is an advantage
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agency
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Lab logistics of TB, HIV commodities
- Specific expertise in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria programs is strongly desired.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Xcel, words, power point) is a requirement
- Show keen interest in learning, turn on job experiences into research articles for Publications or Conference papers and, mentor Logistics Advisors and Associates.
- The Tuberculosis Logistics Manager will report directly to the Director of Lab Logistics and Campaigns.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How To Apply