Full-time Catholic Relief Services (CRS): Program/Project Officer – Mass Campaign Vacancy
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
The Job : Program/Project Officer – Mass Campaign
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Advert code: POMC171117
Department: Global Fund Malaria PR Grant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Vector Control – GF Malaria
Position type: Full time
Duration: 1 year
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a principal recipient (PR) for the 2018-2020 Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2018.
- As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders. CRS will also manage and oversee SRs to deliver a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level in 13 Global Fund supported states, including coordination of the long-lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns amongst the 13 states due for replacement campaigns between 2018-2020.
- The position of Program/Project Officer – Mass Campaign (PO-MC) will support the Senior Manager- Vector Control (SM-VC) to provide technical leadership in the implementation of Global Fund Malaria Program LLIN mass campaign activities both by CRS and SFH.
- S/he will review reports, provide oversight during LLIN campaign implementation by SFH, review personnel payment documents, liaise with and send correspondence to State Ministry of Health for CRS LLIN campaign implementation and participate in subcommittee & expert group meetings.
- The Program/Project Officer – Mass Campaign will support the SM-VC with the deployment of the ICT4D devices and technology in the implementation of the mass campaigns.
- The S/he will also support oversight for continuous LLIN distribution activities, post campaign SBCC activities and CMA activities in implementing states.
- These activities will include first level review of activity reports for post campaign SBCC and CMA, review of data for continuous LLIN distribution and participating in monitoring visits to campaign states and ensuring state support team provide weekly reports during LLIN campaign implementation.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support the SM-VC, ensure that the Global Fund Malaria Program’s strategic objectives for LLIN mass campaigns, post campaign SBCC, CMA and continuous LLIN distribution in the focal states are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards
- Provide support in the planning and coordination of LLIN mass campaigns in the identified LLIN mass campaign states, ensuring activities are implemented on schedule and meet relevant national guidelines
- Work closely with the SM-VC, in coordinating the responses to implementation bottlenecks related to LLIN campaigns
- Support the management of State Support Team (SST) consultants
- Review activity reports before finalization
- Participate in monitoring visits to states
- Coordinate and monitor participants at trainings, meetings; and supervise temporary staff supporting the mass campaigns, CMA and post campaign SBCC
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Track progress towards relevant performance indicators, analyzing reasons for shortfalls and adapting program strategies as needed
- Support the design and implementation of feedback and response channels to enhance accountability of program vis-à-vis beneficiaries of the LLIN mass campaign services
- In collaboration with program staff, work with partners to ensure CMA, continuous distribution and LLIN campaigns are implemented according to national guidelines
- Review reports on the LLIN mass campaign activities, provide updates on implementation progress and performance, identify solutions to address challenges and weaknesses
- Ensure implementation of activities in compliance with all GoN, CRS and Global Fund administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations
- Participate in oversight visits to states to monitors vector control activities implemented by SRs
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes learning
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
- External: Global Fund’s Fund Portfolio Manager and Nigeria Country Team, SRs, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Technical and Financial Partners, supported health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
Qualifications and Eligibility
- Degree in a relevant field such as Sciences, Social Sciences, Public Health or related field
- At least 5 years post NYSC relevant experience.
- At least 3 years Mass Campaign experience
- Previous experience working on the Global Fund for AIDS/TB/Malaria project.
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written communication skills).
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities, develop workplan and provide technical guidance on Mass Campaign activities
- Ability to travel frequently to the project sites in all the states supported by Global Fund Malaria Grant.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 75% of the time.
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills.
How To Apply
Applicants should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to:email@example.com indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and advert code for the position and the state being applied for (e.g Job Title -POACSM171117).
CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation