Full-time Bursar at the University of Ilorin
University of Ilorin, Ilorin – In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. 11 of 1993 (as amended by Act No. 25 of 1996) and by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions)(Amendment) Act, 2012, the Governing Council in exercise of the powers as contained therein, has decided to commence the process of appointing a new Bursar.
The Governing Council of the University of Ilorin hereby announces that the position of Bursar of the University will become vacant with effect from 26th September 2018.
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions, including investments.
- The prospective candidate must hold a good first Degree in Accounting from a recognized University. In addition, he must be a member of at least one of the under-listed professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), or England and Wales, or Scotland, or Ireland
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN);
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA);
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA); and
- The applicant shall be a person of unassailable integrity excellent interpersonal relations, good health and competent in the use of ICT for management services.
- The applicant should have a minimum of twelve (12) years cognate experience and must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar for at least five(s) years in a University environment
Condition of Service
The successful candidate shall hold office for a non-renewable single term of five years, on such terms and conditions as applicable to Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined by appropriate University Laws and the Council.
How To Apply
Applicants are required to submit a set of their credentials and twenty-five (25) typewritten copies of their applications, giving the following information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Pure Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- List of Publications with Details of Title, Publishers, or Journals dates and pages (where applicable)
- Working Experience General and Specific Experience (with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment Status Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be a Professional or an authority in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly Registrar, confidential Reports on the applicant indicating the post desired. The name of the candidate and post should be clearly indicated at the left-hand corner of the envelope.
Applications are to be forwarded to:
University of Ilorin,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.